CSCM Athletes fall into two categories of eligibility, Individual Athlete and Member of a designated sport training group.
For an individual athlete to become a member of the Canadian Sport Centre Manitoba he/she must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Podium Canada Targeted Athlete
- Carded by Sport Canada's Athlete Assistance Program (AAP)
- Uncarded National Team athlete in a Nationally targeted sport
- Provincial Targeted Elite Athletes as determined by the CSCM in partnership with the Provincial Sport Organization (PSO)
Designated Sport Training Group
Training Group Agreements are in partnership with the National and/or Provincial Sport Governing Body. The Training Group Partnership consists of a critical mass of athletes, led by highly competent coaching and serviced by expert resource personnel. Membership within a training group is determined in consultation with the National and/or Provincial Sport Governing Body.
The Canadian Sport Centre Manitoba currently has Training Group Agreements with the following sports:
- Team Canada National Women's Volleyball
- Men's and Women's Curling
- Team Jennifer Jones
- Team Jeff Stoughton
- Team Kerry Burtnyk
- Speed Skating